Perhaps the reaction that most makes me want to pull out my hair are the folks who keep referring to the shooter, America, and law-abiding gun-owners as “sick”.
The shooter wasn’t sick – he was evil.
Law-abiding gun-owners aren’t sick. They are exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.
America isn’t sick. What’s wrong with our nation is that we’ve stopped calling evil what it is, and tried to relegate it to the level of sickness. Sick young men didn’t shoot up a high school in Littleton, Colorado. A sick young man didn’t open fire at Virginia Tech. It wasn’t a sick man who killed innocents at the Dark Knight premiere. Evil men did these things.
Call it what it is. Pure, unadulterated evil. The problem isn’t guns, or “young men subject to impulses”. The problem is that the heart of man is deceitfully wicked, and dwells on evil continually. The problem is that man is a rebellious sinner.
The solution is the gospel.
- For The Little Angels In Conneticut (fairiesangelsnurses.wordpress.com)
- Ryan Lanza is Named as Shooter in Conneticut Shooting (professorlocs.typepad.com)
- Shooter Dead After Opening Fire at Connecticut Elementary School (theatlanticwire.com)
- What happened in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (americanlivewire.com)
- Mass School Shooting: New Details On Shooter, Fatality Number Possibly Closer To 30 (perezhilton.com)
- Conneticut School Shooting: Sandy Hooks (loveismyalterego.wordpress.com)
- Horror In Connecticut (badassdigest.com)
- OPINION: Don’t Use Name Of Connecticut School Shooter (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- URGENT: Connecticut Elementary School In Lockdown After Shooting (conservativebyte.com)
- The Old Hippie’s Heart Breaks… (kevinwinchester.wordpress.com)