Q. Are there any other reasons to show that heretics, or Protestants who die out of the Roman Catholic Church, are not saved?
A. There are several. They cannot be saved, because
1. They have no divine faith.
2. They make a liar of Jesus Christ, of the Holy Ghost, and of the Apostles.
3. They have no faith in Christ.
4. They fell away from the true Church of Christ.
5. They are too proud to submit to the Pope, the Vicar of Christ.
6. They cannot perform any good works whereby they can obtain heaven.
7. They do not receive the Body and Blood of Christ.
8. They die in their sins.
9. They ridicule and blaspheme the Mother of God and His saints.
10. They slander the spouse of Jesus Christ: the Catholic Church.
Q. Have Protestants any faith in Christ?
A. They never had.
Explanation of Christian Doctrine for the Family and More Advanced Students of Catholic Schools, 1875. pp. 91-93
Of course, we Protestants are “separated brethren” now, but it is interesting to see how a book bearing both the nihil obstat and imprimatur equates Protestantism and heresy and denies that Protestants have any saving faith in Christ.
My how things have changed…